So remember around January 1st I posted about my New Year’s Resolutions? Remember how one of them was to be more consistent with the blog? Oops! I guess life just gets in the way sometimes and you have to roll with the punches. Lately, that means not opening my computer for any purposes besides work and studying. It’s not pretty or fun to think about, but hopefully it will get better soon.
While I have a few minutes, I wanted to share some of my favorite things that have happened over the last couple of months since I posted!
- My aunt, uncle, and cousins came to visit me! We only got to spend a few hours together, but I loved having them here none the less.
2. I discovered one of my new favorite places in Massachusetts – Birth Tree Bread Company. Since visiting, I can’t stop thinking and talking about how I would love to open a coffee shop just like this one – homemade pastries, fresh bread, delicious coffee, and craft beer. All of this along with the cozy atmosphere and the farmer’s market downstairs — I am in my element!
3. Mom, Dave, Ant, and Dan came down for a long weekend in March. We had a great time despite it being one of the last freezing cold weekends that we had. We spent a our Saturday night at Maxwell’s Tavern and ended up front row at a country concert. It was a bizarre twist of events, but we had fun being front row at a Drew Baldridge concert.
4. I visited Departed Soles Brewing Co. in Jersey City with a friend from college, her boyfriend, and Dan. It was so great to catch up with her after months apart! The brewery that we went to was such a unique and quirky little place – but the beer that I had was fantastic. She loved it because they have gluten free options, which is nearly unheard of for a brewery. Since we went around Easter, the specialty beer on tap was infused with marshmallow peeps. Now I know that this sounds strange, but it may very well have been the best beer that I have ever tasted. I’m still kicking myself for not buying a case!
5. My five best guy friends from college came to visit me a few weeks later and we had the best weekend. We started the weekend off with a delicious Italian dinner at Margherita’s Pizza Cafe and it was a fabulous choice. All weekend everyone raved about the meal that they had here – myself included.
On Saturday we spent the day walking around and exploring NYC. We went up to the observatory deck of One World Trade Center, visited Ground Zero, Wall Street, Central Park, and Trump Tower (or as all the guys kept saying, “White House North”).
It was a full day of walking but we had a blast. I was so grateful to have them here for the weekend! I always find myself feeling so lucky to have such solid friendships that all started 5 years ago in our college freshman dorm.
6. Dan and I went to the Penguins hockey game at the Newark Prudential Center. It was a perfect Thursday night activity to break up the work week. He loved every second of the game!
The following Saturday morning, we had our very own “Pr-Easter” celebration in the new apartment – complete with an egg hunt and Easter baskets.
We then spent the day, quite literally, eating our way through New York City. We had fish and chips….
…. and the list goes on and on.
We felt so sick finally making our way back home, but I’m pretty sure we didn’t stop smiling or laughing the entire day – so I would say that it was very worth it. I love the new traditions that we are making together.
7. Last but not least, Easter weekend! I got into MA around 11 PM Friday night and immediately went to bed. I was exhausted after working all day and traveling all night, but it was more than worth it. On Saturday morning, Dan and I took a ride to Birch Tree Bread Company (surprise, surprise) for iced coffee. Once we spotted the pastries though, we couldn’t say no!
We sat down to split a “pain de chocolate” before headed to the farmer’s market downstairs. I picked up two bouquets of tulips from Fivefork Farms in Upton, MA – one for my mom and one for my grandma. The photos don’t do them justice because they were absolutely breathtaking.
On Saturday afternoon, my Dad and Peggy stopped by to have an early Easter lunch with Ant and I. They brought us the most fantastic Easter baskets, as always, and I’m mad at myself that I didn’t get a picture of it. I was clearly too busy inhaling as much candy as possible, as fast as possible (LOL). We went down to Brew City on Shrewsbury St. for lunch and had a great time catching up.
After returning from lunch, we decorated cupcakes, easter eggs, and made chocolate covered strawberries with the boys! Max was so excited to be reunited with his BFF Dan.
Another big highlight of the weekend was that Dan got confirmed at Easter Vigil on Saturday night! I am so proud of him for making this choice and pursuing his faith.
Sunday morning we woke up early to have kielbasa, coffee, mimosas, and butter braids with Dan’s family. It was the perfect relaxing start to the day before heading off to see my crazy family!
Here are a few of the photos taken from the day…
Every time Dan and I tried to take a picture together Max would come running over and yell, “CHEESE!”
We finally managed to get one on our own!
That’s pretty much everything that has been going on for the past few months around here. I always find it funny how I can get so bogged down with the little details of my day to day life, yet looking back the weeks are filled with so much happiness. Writing recap posts like this really helps me put into perspective how blessed I truly am. God is so good.